Saturday, February 21, 2009

An introduction.

I've been threatening, mostly to myself, to start an mp3 blog for a long time. There are a number of reasons, but the first and foremost is to share my records with whoever might want to hear them. I've spent a lot of years (and an amount of money I'd hate to think about) buying records, collecting, tracking down tunes, and I don't want them to just sit there, for me. Music's for everyone, and it's for sharing.

It's also an excuse to keep myself writing. I've written on and off for a long time, most recently for a lovely website called Superstarcastic. I did some of my best writing there, but just as I seemed to find my niche (wacky funster!) I pretty much stopped writing. I don't really know why. Sometimes I have a really hard time getting the words out, particularly when I care a lot about them. This is why it takes me two years, on occasion, to write the words for a song. Granted, I think it's the best thing I've ever written, but two years! No good.

So, let's make a brief note about what we're covering here:
-out of print recordings whenever possible. Deviations may occur for certain songs, but I'll try to keep it to just one. I've got enough rare shit to talk about that everything should be fine.
-genrewise, things are typically going to hover around the vague "indie rock" area, but anything's within limits. I like a lot of things, and I intend to write about them all.
-recordings from vinyl are going to be common. I don't have the best equipment available, and I don't necessarily care if I hear a lot of clicks and pops. Deal with it.

That's it. Thanks for reading, and if there's anything you think I might have that you'd like to hear (or anything else you'd like to say) don't hesitate to let me know: buyawizardscar@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment